CAIP Canada Competency Framework Defines the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of CAIPs
CAIP Canada is pleased to launch the competency framework that defines the combination of knowledge, skills, and practical abilities that a CAIP must be able to demonstrate. The framework includes both technical and non-technical competencies that are grounded in a solid foundation of strong professional ethics and behaviours relevant to the research, analytics and insights industry. The competencies cover a broad set of skills that will serve as a strong base for those who choose to specialize in areas such as analytics or qualitative research later in their career.
“The CAIP Competency Framework serves as the foundation of the CAIP Program,” says Chair, Robert Wong. “The competency-based approach emphasizes the need for CAIPs to apply their knowledge and skills in a work environment.”
The CAIP Canada Competency Framework:
- Establishes the demonstrated capabilities that employers and clients can expect from a CAIP.
- Sets the base competency levels for earning the CAIP designation.
- Serves as a guide for candidates to helps them identify the education and experience they need to be successful on the CAIP exam.
- Defines the competencies that will be tested on the CAIP exam.
- Helps employers deliver relevant experience to candidates to prepare them for the CAIP examination.
- Provides guidance to educators for developing curriculum that will prepare candidates for the exam.
- Assists CAIPs in identifying areas to continue to develop their competencies post certification.
CAIP Canada is now focusing its efforts on finalizing the pathways to earn the CAIP, preparing a comprehensive final exam and developing the online CAIP Canada Exam Prep Seminar. CAIP Canada will open registration to become a CAIP in September and anticipates that the first exam will be offered later this year.
About CAIP Canada
The Certified Analytics and Insights Professionals of Canada is the professional body for Canada’s Certified Analytics and Insights Professionals (CAIPs). Its mission is to power the success of businesses and organizations by ensuring that CAIPs have the competencies needed to unlock the power of data while maintaining the highest ethical standards that protect the public trust. CAIP Canada is supported and endorsed by the Canadian Research Insights Councils and the CAIP is globally endorsed by ESOMAR. For more information, visit www.caip-paim.ca or contact Robert Wong at Robert.Wong@caip-paim.ca.