Syndicated Study / Research Communities

CAIP Canada Home Forums Forum: Statistical Techniques Syndicated Study / Research Communities

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

Syndicated Study – ACT
    Ipsos has a lot of syndicated studies – one that caught my eye was an Alcohol Consumption Tracker (ACT). It does what it sounds like – tracks alcohol consumption – during the course of a full month, across all beverage categories, brands, and types of occasions. This research is (perhaps not surprisingly) subscribed to by market leaders in the alcohol business (beverage makers, distributors, retailers, etc.). Those who subscribe get insights into consumption behaviour, like when people consume, where they consume, the role that food plays (or does not play) within the drinking context, who people were with (or not), and overall what they’re doing when they’re consuming alcoholic beverages. If you purchase this report, you can get access to demographics or categories of beverages they consume and segment the data according to your own personal objectives.

Research Communities
    When I think of consumer-oriented companies who have built research communities, I think of market research firms that have their own participant panels. You can recruit your panel participants in a variety of ways, but one I’m most familiar with is fielding a survey and at the end, asking the participant if they would like to join your panel and share their opinions for future research. There’s normally a small incentive for these participants every time they complete a survey, but the business definitely benefits, too. Depending on the needs of other organizations, you can source out your panelists based on the requirements of these organizations. For example, if you’re an organization looking to survey visible minorities, the panel provider can target their panelists and send the survey directly to that target group. So the target group contributes on a needs-based basis. The target group also gets an incentive, and the market research firm gets paid by the organization that needs this group of people’s data. Seems like a win-win!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.