Nominations of Candidates for the CAIP Canada Board Elections
The Certified Analytics and Insights Professionals of Canada (CAIP Canada) is seeking nominations for candidates to fill two vacancies on its Board of Directors. CAIP Canada welcomes nominations from leaders across our profession.
The CAIP Canada Board of Directors provides oversight, guidance and support to help CAIP Canada achieve its strategic priorities:
- Support the highest standards, ethics and best practices for all research professionals in the research, analytics and insights industry
- Grow the CAIP brand and generate demand for the CAIP by communicating the value proposition of the CAIP to key stakeholders
- Support CAIP members’ needs to allow them to excel professionally
Key duties and responsibilities of Board members include:
- Protecting the interest of the public, key stakeholders and members;
- Acting consistently in accordance with the CAIP Canada endorsed CRIC standards and following exemplary ethical and business practices;
- Setting and approving the strategic direction and objectives of CAIP Canada;
- Approving annual business plans and performance targets;
- Approving policies;
- Monitoring and evaluating the financial performance and ongoing operations including the annual financial statement review;
- Appointing, setting the compensation, and managing and evaluating the performance of senior staff; and
- Acting as ambassador of CAIP Canada.
- Participating in monthly, one-hour CAIP Canada board video conferences;
- Participating/leading committees; and
- Attending the Annual General Meeting (June).
- Be a CAIP Canada member in good standing, and
- Have a minimum of 13 years of industry experience,
Preference will be given to candidates for nomination that achieve Governance Committee priorities such as:
- Represents client-side, social and government sectors
- Strengthens our diversity representation
Nominees must submit a Nomination Form, Candidate Statement, Bio and Photo to John Tabone by Thursday, May 4, 2022 at 9pm Eastern Daylight Time.
Candidate Statement, Bio and Photo
The Candidates Statement must not exceed 500 words and should provide details on why you are interested in joining the CAIP Canada Board. You are encouraged to answer the following questions:
- What are the greatest opportunities and challenges facing the research, analytics and insights profession?
- What do you see as the top priority for CAIP Canada?
- What skills and experience do you bring to the Board?
- How will you add value as a member of the CAIP Canada Board?
Please also include a short bio that does not exceed 250 words and a colour, head and shoulders photo that can be included on the voting website.
April 19: Call for nominations issued
May 4: Nominations close
May 5-10: Review of candidates by CAIP Canada Governance Committee
May 11: Candidates notified of results
May 13: Deadline for candidate withdrawal
May 16: Candidates statements, bios and photos posted to the CAIP Canada Website and online voting begins
June 1: Voting closes at 9pm Eastern Daylight Time
June 3: Election Results announced
Thank you for considering a nomination for the CAIP Canada Board and for your commitment to the research, analytics and insights profession.
Please email any questions to John Tabone, Director and member of the Governance Committee, CAIP Canada, at [email protected]